Monday, June 11, 2012

Welcome 12 weeks!

So when we talked about getting pregnant again, I didn't really think it would be that big of a deal. I thought it would be a piece of cake since it would be my 3rd pregnancy and 4th child. HA! What I didn't remember is the last time I was pregnant it was 5 years ago, and I had a perfectly well behaved, easy going 14 month old. This time I have a homeschooling 6 year old, an industrious, energetic, very curious 4 year old, and a needy, busy little 22 month old. Add 24hr nausea, major mood swings, and complete exhaustion to the mix and it doesn't all mix very well. Unfortunately for the hubs, my complete disgust and intolerance for the smell of coffee is in full force in this pregnancy as it was with the other two. At least we're saving money with the lack of Starbucks stops I've been making ;-) Needless to say, the 3rd time's not a charm in my case. Thankfully Josh's morning sickness subsided a few weeks ago (yes, he gets sympathy morning sickness for me). I am now 12 weeks along, and thank God that is bringing a whole lot less nausea, and I no longer gag thru my morning from the smell of coffee that was brewed hours before I woke up. I am not sure as to when the exhaustion will disappear. I'm thinking since we're adding another blessing to the mix, probably never, but that's something I can deal with I guess. I feel as though I am larger than life already. I almost want to say I'm the size now at 12 weeks that I was at 4 months for Tanner. Maybe it's just me, but I truly do feel that way so much that I was a little scared I was maybe carrying more than one. No worries! I've asked many, many times if they were sure there was really only one in there. They've assured me multiple times they only see one. The boys are now very excited. They put their little hands to my belly to see if they can feel it kick yet. I don't think it matters how many times I tell them they won't feel it for a while, they'll keep trying. Braden likes me to read every week the development of the baby and to see what it looks like each week. Tanner constantly asks me if the baby is coming out today. It might be a long 6 more months for him. :-) Nya doesn't really understand. When we tell her there's a baby in Mumma's belly, she points to her belly and says "Nya too!". One thing I've learned that doesn't get old, is hearing our peanuts heartbeat. I'm pretty sure every time we've heard it so far my eyes have filled with tears. I feel like I'm so busy that sometimes I forget that I'm actually growing a human being in me. Seeing it on the ultrasound moving around reminds me the peanut is there and makes me excited and anxious to know whether it will be wearing purple or blue (yes, we will definitely be finding out if it cooperates).
So there's a little update on BabyKooz#4 and a couple of pictures of the quickly growing baby bump at 8 weeks and 12 weeks.....


1 comment:

Selina said...

loved this!! :) made my day! Thank you for sharing!!